The Milwaukee Academy of Science is an independent charter school, opened in August 2000, chartered by the City of Milwaukee. The school serves students from K4 through 12th grade. The school is governed by the Milwaukee Science Education Consortium, a 501c(3) organization. The Consortium includes representatives from the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, Cardinal Stritch University, Alverno College, the Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) and Mount Mary College.
- We prepare our students for future opportunities with our STEM curriculum, diverse experiences, and enrichment beyond the core curriculum.
- We make decisions about programming and services based on the best interest of our students, strategic plan, budget, and professional development analysis and feasibility.
- We collaborate with students, family, staff, and our community to provide a quality education.
- We never compromise safety.
- We conduct business with integrity to ensure the school’s longevity for our students, families, and the community.
- We embrace diversity.
- We hold the MAS community to high academic and behavior expectations.