Process & Application
9th grade applications for the 2023-24 school year
COMING SOON! Please check back!
Enrollment runs from the 1st-15th and the 16th-30th/31st of each month. You can expect to hear about your status via email about a week after the enrollment period ends.
Enrollment for the CURRENT 21-22 School Year is closed. We have waiting lists in all grades.
We are a non-selective school and pride ourselves on that. Our application doesn’t require test scores, yet we provide the same rigor and high-quality High School experience that selective schools do.Mr. Anthony McHenry, Chief Executive Officer
Before you apply, please read this page carefully.
MAS is now using SchoolMint for applications — you will need to sign up for an account or use one you already have from applying to other schools that use SchoolMint. We will keep you up-to-date about your application status via text/email every step of the way.
Trouble with the site? Not comfortable with technology? We are here to help! If you have any questions about your SchoolMint account, the online form, or need a paper copy, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator, Tierra Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 414-406-8131.
What is the enrollment schedule for the 22-23 school year?
- Early enrollment (K4 & 9th ONLY): Oct 1 – Nov 1, 2021, Dec 1, 2021, Jan 1, 2022, Feb 1, 2022
- Open enrollment begins (all grades): February 1, 2022
- First Deadline for open enrollment: February 28, 2022
- Spring Deadlines for enrollment: March 15, 2022, March 31, 2022, April 30, 2022, May 15, 2022, May 31, 2022, June 15, 2022, June 30, 2022
- Summer open enrollment: ongoing
- PLEASE NOTE: Enroll by June 30th to secure bus transportation for the first day of school.
- We strongly advise that parents do not wait until summer to enroll. Grade levels begin to fill up and it is harder for us to accommodate entire families. It also delays our bus routing process. Please encourage friends and family to enroll in the spring!
What paperwork is needed once accepted?
- Online applications will be accepted on SchoolMint. Registration Forms and further documents will be due through SchoolMint once your child is accepted.
- Registration Form – Student Services
- Birth Certificate (*must be presented in person)
- K4 & K5 must be certified original, 1st-12th may be certified original OR copy)
- Students entering K4 must be 4 years old by September 1st
- Current Immunization Records
- Current IEP (if applicable)
- 8th Grade Graduation Certificate or High School Transcripts (if applicable); Email to HS Admin Assistant or schools may fax to 414-933-1426
What is the enrollment process at MAS?
The Milwaukee Academy of Science (MAS) is a public K4-12th grade charter school and is not a selective school. All interested families must complete an application on SchoolMint. A few days to a week after an enrollment deadline (see above), all parents who applied during that time period will receive an email and letter in the mail about acceptance based on seats available. After acceptance, registration forms and paper work are due. Applications on a waiting list do not roll over from year to year; a new application must be submitted each year. For questions regarding enrollment, please Ms. Tierra Williams, Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com or text or call 414-406-8131
Want a Tour?
Please click on the Enrollment Events tab for more info
For more information about MAS contact: Ms. Tierra Williams, Recruitment Coordinator – text or call 414-406-8131