Process & Application
We are here to answer your questions about enrollment.
What is the enrollment Schedule?
- Priority early enrollment deadline (K4/K5 & 9th ONLY): November 9, 2018
- Early enrollment deadline (K4/K5 & 9th ONLY): December 14, 2018
- Open enrollment (all grades) begins: January 3, 2019
- First Deadline for open enrollment: March 1, 2019
- Second Deadline for open enrollment: May 1, 2019
- Third Deadline for open enrollment: June 5, 2019 (last day of school)
- Summer open enrollment: ongoing
- ***ENROLL by June 30th to secure bus transportation for the first day of school.***
- ***We strongly advise that parents do not wait until summer to enroll as grade levels begin to fill up and it is harder for us to accommodate entire families. It also delays our bus routing process. Please encourage friends and family to enroll in the spring!***
What is the unique enrollment process at MAS?
The Milwaukee Academy of Science (MAS) is a public K4-12th grade charter school. All interested families must complete an application and submit the required documents listed below. Parents must come into the office in person to show birth certificate information; other application materials can be faxed (414-933-1914). For questions regarding enrollment, please call our main line at 414-933-0302 and press 1 for the Enrollment Hotline.
What paperwork is needed for a complete application?
- Birth Certificate (*must be presented in person)
- K4 & K5 must be certified original, 1st-12th may be certified original OR copy)
- Students entering K4 must be 4 years old by September 1st
- Current Immunization Records
- Current IEP (if applicable)
- 8th Grade Graduation Certificate or High School Transcripts (if applicable)
- Written Essay (High School only–click on application to see essay prompt)
Want a Tour?
Please click on the Enrollment Events tab for more info
For more information about MAS contact: Ms. Tresca Meiling – 414-933-0302 X1122