Process & Application
Our application for 2020-21 is now available online!
But before you apply, read more on this page about applying during the COVID-19 school closure.
If you have any questions about the online form or need a paper copy, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator, Tierra Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 414-406-8131.
What is the enrollment schedule?
- Early enrollment (K4/K5 & 9th ONLY): Fall 2019
- Open enrollment begins (all grades): February 1, 2020
- First Deadline for open enrollment: March 1, 2020
- Monthly Deadline for open enrollment: The 1st of every month: April 1, 2020; May 1, 2020; June 1, 2020
- Summer open enrollment: ongoing
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Enroll by June 30th to secure bus transportation for the first day of school.
- We strongly advise that parents do not wait until summer to enroll. Grade levels begin to fill up and it is harder for us to accommodate entire families. It also delays our bus routing process. Please encourage friends and family to enroll in the spring!
What paperwork is needed for a complete application?
- During the COVID-19 school closure, online applications will be accepted without these documents. Parents are expected to provide all docs at a later date. Our Recruitment Coordinator will contact all applicants.
- Birth Certificate (*must be presented in person)
- K4 & K5 must be certified original, 1st-12th may be certified original OR copy)
- Students entering K4 must be 4 years old by September 1st
- Current Immunization Records
- Current IEP (if applicable)
- 8th Grade Graduation Certificate or High School Transcripts (if applicable)
- Written Essay (High School only–click on application to see essay prompt)
What is the enrollment process at MAS?
The Milwaukee Academy of Science (MAS) is a public K4-12th grade charter school and is not a selective school. All interested families must complete an application and submit the required documents listed below at the front desk. Parents must come into the office in person to show birth certificate information. A few days after an enrollment deadline (see above), all parents who applied during that time period will receive an email and letter in the mail about acceptance based on seats available. Applications on a waiting list do not roll over from year to year; a new application must be submitted each year. For questions regarding enrollment, please call our main line at 414-933-0302 and press 1 for the Enrollment Hotline.
Want a Tour?
Please click on the Enrollment Events tab for more info
For more information about MAS contact: Ms. Tierra Williams, Recruitment Coordinator – 414-933-0302 X1107